Tuesday 16 October 2012

A/W12 - BAROQUE ROCKS!

Embellishment, embroidery, extravagance - the 3 "e's" perfect to describe A/W's rebellion of ornate clothing!

We've gone back in time to the 17th Century where the Baroque and Rococo periods made an appearance and have now come alive this season through eye catching golds and blacks! The runway produced a heavy amount of patterns, jewels and other shimmery stuff, outlining the complexity of the Baroque and Rococo movement.

From dresses to jackets to trousers to accessories, opulent and lavish couture from the catwalk hit the high street quickly as we see a parade of elaborate Rococo-inspired prints and ornamentation; perfect for a sexy yet luxurious night out!

Runway VS High Street

Baroque fashion on the catwalk



From catwalk to high street, Baroque fashion in our everyday high street stores
I'm in love with the patterns; and gold and black? The two most "look at me I'm rich and glamorous" colours...need I say more?

My fave STYLE SPOTS for this trend so far...
ASOS Premium Knicker Short with Floral Embellishment





ASOS Brocade Metal Plate Waist Belt

















...and only £45 and £18! Bargain!... (I wish)

What do you guys think? Baroque brilliant? or Baroque bore? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment