Sunday 14 October 2012

INTERNSHIP

Could it be?! La Palabreuse is actually DOING something with her gap year!

I never thought the day would come, but I've landed myself an internship and YES, the first day wasn't an all round disaster!
Okay, I'll admit, when I got the email from the guy asking to meet at the shared office space in a hotel, I was freaked out. Typical really to think the worst of things...

Oh my gosh, I bet this is a fake company
Oh no, he's going to take me away
What if he's an old weird man?!?!?!

Of course, I was being unnecessarily over the top. In fact, I felt ridiculously bad when I met him. He was young, lovely and really easy going! Damn my instincts. 

So I started off yesterday with some market research, and as much as all 3 workers that were there were lovely, I don't think I fit in quite yet...yes, it was the battle of the laptop.
There I was, sat on a table with everyone tapping away on there virtually silent MacBook's and I had to pull out my chunky, MAHUSIVE noise maker: the HP lappy. 
Why is it that this laptop continuously has to make weird, random noises. And it's got a bad habit of overheating and making this stupid JJJJJHHHH sound. Now, you can only imagine the ridiculousness of sitting in a room full of business men and women, all with their MacBook's, concentrating intently, whilst I tried to tame my beast of a laptop. Embarrassing :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment